Welcome to SAVES
It's my life ... It's my choice ...
No matter who we are -- it should be our human right to claim ownership of ourselves at life's end. When our most basic quality of life has been taken, through incurable illness, we each need the right to choose a peaceful end.
82.5% of Australians shared that view, when surveyed in Newspoll 2012 Poll.
Voluntary euthanasia (VE) is a community issue -- touching everyone when a family member, a friend or a colleague wants release from an illness which has no cure.
See what others have said on the subject.
The Facts - Watch the Neil Francis Videos
Neil Francis, leading VE advocate has launched a new website. Visit http://www.dyingforchoice.com/
Newsletters to SA MPS
SAVES has prepared a series of newsletters for MPs, we urge you to download them and share them.
End of Life Choice Newsletter on current debates:
- Euthanasia in the Netherlands
- Britain and Australia Common Perspectives on Assisted-dying law reform
- Northern Territory Rights of the Terminally Ill Act (1995)
- Worst Ways to Die
- High level support for VE law reform
- Yes Christians do support Voluntary Euthanasia
- The Oregon Experience: is there a slippery slope
- young people have a say on voluntary euthanasia
- the law reform process
- the mysterious myths
- nurses support choice in dying
- safeguards prevent abuse
- medical case for voluntary euthanasia
- defining voluntary euthanasia
- To campaign for a South Australian law that provides for "medically assisted" end-to-life, as a right, in appropriate circumstances, and with defined safeguards.
- To raise public debate to a point where our Members of Parliament enact a VE law which provides everyone the choice to end prolonged and painful suffering.
Started in 1983 SAVES main aims are
A timeline of achievements in delivering on the aims can be seen in the timeline.
SAVES is staffed entirely by volunteers.
SAVES is not affiliated with Exit International / Dr Philip Nitschke
Call to Action
Donate to SAVES to secure your right to choose
Become a SAVES member
Write a letter to your MP
Getting in touch with SAVES
Borrow the SAVES Display
See more ...
Ambassadors for Law Reform